We all hope and pray for harmony, unity and over all peace and love in…
Your Successnet for Love
In our newest release, The First Five Years, we encourage all couples, especially newlyweds, to build a “successnet” of relationships. The Bible says, “In a multitude of counselors there is safety” (Proverbs 24:6 NKJV). Because this group of people is so important to your future, they form a successnet that facilitates the growth of your life together. Who are some of these key players and why do you need them in your life?
- Family and Friends play a key role in helping a young couple in establishing their dream. Your marriage will grow stronger as you learn to forge new relationships as a couple with your friends and family, and in a crisis, they will be the first ones to show up.
- Spiritual Advisors, like your pastor, friends who are in full-time ministry, marriage and family counselors, small-group leaders, and marriage mentors you will need. You will sometimes face decision points, tough transitions, and difficult circumstances, and you will want some people to help you discern God’s view on the matter at hand. Attend church and get to know the pastor, join a small- group Bible study, and participate in men’s and women’s ministries. Involve yourself in parachurch groups that interest you both.
- On the practical side of life, you need: Health Care Professionals who care for your physical bodies are all a part of your success. If you are young and healthy, you may underestimate their influence, but they will become more valuable to you with every passing year. Insurance Agents are those who stand between you and financial ruin. People never think they need these people until their houses are flooded or burn down, a tornado hits, or a family member has a health crisis or car accident, or, God forbid, a spouse dies. But it is precisely because life is unpredictable and calamities do come and that we need to be wise and forward-thinking.
- Financial Advisors help you create a plan for a bright financial future— and we’d all like to save as much on those taxes as possible!
- Lawyers or friends who know the law—police officers, lawyers, and paralegals—are the kind of people you want to be able to call, even in the middle of the night if you have to, so you can make critical decisions if something horrendous happens.
- Transportation Dealers are helpful because unless you live in a big city and take public transportation, you need someone you can trust to sell you a reliable car at an affordable price.
- Home Help. Once you own a home, you need people in the field of building and maintaining homes. You will need to know people skilled in contracting, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, gardening, painting, electricity, and general home repairs.
- Realtors/ Mortgage Brokers help you know when are financially prepared for home-ownership, and can you then get you the best home for the most affordable price.
- Relationship Specialist is the role we’d like to play. Sign up for our relationship ezine at www.love- wise.com, or check out our books The First Five Years, Red Hot Monogamy or Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti (or the single version) for a Christmas gift for someone in your successnet, or to help you succeed in your own relationship. With some vacation time coming over the holiday season, now is a great time to network with family and friends to find reputable trustworthy professionals to add to your successnet team.
From The First Five Years